Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PDFs and FFCs

No I'm not swearing! Not today. I have mailed some links I think will be of use to fellow facilitators. I think I need to share it will everybody since we may have encountered this or maybe we will encounter this when we meet up with new laptop/PC owners. Many have either MSOffice 2003 or MSOffice 2007. The two don't necessarily talk to each other. Their file formats are different. In order for MS2003 to read MSOffice2007 documents (e.g. mark.docx) download and install an add-in program from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en.

If you pdf documents like I do, then you can download and install an add-in program from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041&displaylang=en. It only works for MSOffice2007. When you type a document and you do not want anybody to change it, then you can pdf it by clicking on File, Save As and choose the pdf option.

I must warn you that Microsoft may check the legality of your software while you are visiting their site. Do this at your own risk.

1 comment:

bonny said...

Very informative and helpful, thanks Mark.